Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These simple little fritters were always a favourite of my children and it wasn't until I was told I could no longer have them that I craved them too, so I have devised a gluten free version. Brilliant served with a fried egg or baked beans.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks, set aside.
- Mix together the flour, xanthan, onion granules and seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, egg, oil and egg yolk.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and beat well.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Meanwhile heat a half filled, heavy based saucepan of vegetable oil to about 180c.
- Dip the corned beef in to the batter and carefully place the fritters in oil
- Fry for about 5-6 mins or until crisp and golden.
- Drain and serve warm.