1/3 Photos of Wicklewood's Ginger Nut Biscuits (Gluten Free)
I was so pleased with these tasty classic biscuits. The texture is just like that of a non gluten free Ginger Nut, and as any coeliac knows it's the texture that usually suffers in adapting recipes. The recipe calls for 1lb 4oz of flour, however, this system doesn't like mixing pounds and ounces,,,hence "20oz flour."For a more authentic touch sprinkle some sugar on the dough just before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces soft brown sugar
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 20 ounces gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- granulated sugar (for dredging) (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°.
- 2Cream the butter and both sugars together until soft.
- 3Mix the eggs, molasses and cider vinegar together.
- 4Add to the creamed butter and sugar and blend well.
- 5Sieve the flour, spices, xanthan gum, and baking soda into the butter and molasses mixture and stir until the flour is just incorporated. ( do not over mix).
- 6With a teaspoon an a very clean finger, evenly place a heaped teaspoon full of the mixture on a lined baking sheet, approximately 1 inch apart.
- 7Flatten the dough slightly by gently patting with a palette knife dipped in water.
- 8Dredge the biscuits with a very light dusting of granulated sugar(Optional).
- 9Bake for 15 mins, they will still appear soft, but they do crisp up when completely cool.
- 10Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack to cool .
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Ginger Nut Biscuits (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (873 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 74.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: