This started as a non gf dish using wholemeal flour and wholemeal breadcrumbs, but I think the substitution with seeds and oats is just as tasty and certainly just as healthy. I love the honey and ginger in this vegetable dish it really takes the carrots (not my favorite veg) to a new level.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 8 ounces broad beans, shelled
- 1/2 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped (or 1/2 tablespoon if using dried)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons reserved veg stock
- 1Preheat the oven to 190.
- 2In a large pan or boiling water, cook the carrots and broad beans.
- 3together until just tender, be careful not to overcook.
- 4Drain the vegetables, reserving the cooking water.
- 5Toss the vegetables in butter, and stir in marjoram, honey and ginger.
- 6Place in a casserole dish and sprinkle 5 tablespoons of the reserved stock.
- 7In a large bowl mix the remaining dry ingredients.
- 8When thoroughly mixed stir in the oil.
- 9Spread the crumble over the vegetables.
- 10Bake for 20-25mins and the topping is golden brown.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Ginger Carrots and Bean Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3248.8
- Calories from Fat 3147
- Total Fat 349.6 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 362.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free breadcrumbs