I found a similar recipe to this in a book of Christmas gifts, unfortunately whenever I’ve made it; it never lasts long enough to be given away. (Prep time includes cooling time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy based saucepan, bring the vinegar, shallot, apple and allspice to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat, and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- 3Add the dates and honey and cook for a further 10 mins, until the dates are soft and any liquid has turned to syrup.
- 4Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly before pouring into a sterilised storage jar.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Date and Apple Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (783 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 170.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 147.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g