A delicious falafel that is always a favourite as a quick snack or part of a main meal, and of course naturally gluten free. To make them even healthier they can be baked in an 180c oven for 5-20 mins.
- 250 g chick peas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh mint
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- sesame seeds, for coating
- sunflower oil, for frying
- Place all the ingredients except the sesame seeds and oil in a food processer and blend until the mixture forms a coarse paste. (If the mixture appears too wet, just chill for 30 mins.).
- Roll the mixture into 12 balls and roll in the sesame seeds, coat well.
- In a large frying pan heat about 200ml of sunflower oil and fry falafels in small batches, turning regularly for approximately 5 mins or until golden and crispy,.
- Drain and serve warm with dips or with a mixed salad in warm pitta breads.