This is a basic component of most of the dishes that I have been forced to adapt to suit my dietry requirements, a classic cheese sauce. Not only is a cheese sauce tasty but it is so versatile and is a huge part of the favourite foods I miss so much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over a gentle heat, melt the butter in a small saucepan and remove from heat.
- 2Blend in the flour and mustard powder until smooth.
- 3Return to heat, gradually whisk in the milk, (the mixture will drasticly thicken between each addition of milk, at this stage dont rush to add more milk, cook out the flour thoroughly or the resulting sauce will just taste floury.).
- 4Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- 5Gently bring to a light boil.
- 6Stir in the cheddar until melted.
- 7Season to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Cheese Sauce (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 651.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g