Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great with a green salad and creamed corn. Make sure the the potato is thin enough to cook properly but not too thin that it won’t hold up to too much stirring, about 1/2cm thick.
- 73.94 ml olive oil
- 170.09 g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 453.59 g potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 283.49 g onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in an 8" skillet and fry the chorizo until golden and cooked through, lift out and set aside.
- Add a further 2 tblsp oil to the pan and fry the onion and potatoes for 2-3 mins turning frequently, (be careful as the pan will be quite full).
- Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 30mins, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until softened and slightly golden.
- In a mixing bowl mix the eggs, cheese parsley and chorizo and plenty of seasoning, gently stir in the potatoes and onions until well coated, taking care not to break the potatoes too much.
- Heat the final 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and return the potato mixture to the pan.
- Cook over a very low heat until the egg begins to set about 5 mins (use a spatula to prevent the sides from sticking.
- Preheat the grill to hot and set the pan under the grill (protecting the handle) until set and golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve.