This is great with a green salad and creamed corn. Make sure the the potato is thin enough to cook properly but not too thin that it won’t hold up to too much stirring, about 1/2cm thick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in an 8" skillet and fry the chorizo until golden and cooked through, lift out and set aside.
- 2Add a further 2 tblsp oil to the pan and fry the onion and potatoes for 2-3 mins turning frequently, (be careful as the pan will be quite full).
- 3Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 30mins, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until softened and slightly golden.
- 4In a mixing bowl mix the eggs, cheese parsley and chorizo and plenty of seasoning, gently stir in the potatoes and onions until well coated, taking care not to break the potatoes too much.
- 5Heat the final 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and return the potato mixture to the pan.
- 6Cook over a very low heat until the egg begins to set about 5 mins (use a spatula to prevent the sides from sticking.
- 7Preheat the grill to hot and set the pan under the grill (protecting the handle) until set and golden.
- 8Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Cheese and Chorizo Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.1
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 233.5 mg
- Sodium 507.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 21.3 g