1/1 Photo of Wicklewood's Butterscotch Quinoa
Whether for breakfast or dessert, you can completely justify the butterscotch in this dish because of the protein packed quinoa. I always use Dib's recipe for toasted quinoa #16399 it is perfect for this recipe as the nuttiness produced by toasting compliments perfectly the butterscotch flavour. Update: I've tried to correct the fluid amount several times without success(editing glitches) but it is supposed to read; 150 ml water and 30ml milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the water and milk together in a pan and bring to a boil, add the quinoa and continue to boil until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- 2Reduce the heat and stir in the sugar and butter.
- 3Continue to cook gently until thick and syrupy, stirring constantly.
- 4Serve hot or cold with a drizzle of evaporated milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Butterscotch Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.1
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 250.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g