Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ordinary gf breadcrumbs are fine for this recipe, but gf panko breadcrumbs are so deliciously crunchy and so easy to make(check out #167729)
- 283.49 g whole fresh mushrooms
- 236.59 ml rice flour
- 118.29 ml cornstarch
- 3.69 ml gf baking powder
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 236.59 ml water
- 473.18 ml panko breadcrumbs (see Homemade Panko Bread Crumbs)
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add water and mix until a smooth batter has formed.
- With a dry paper towel, gently wipe the mushrooms to clean off any debris.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and coat evenly, allowing any excess batter to drip off.
- Roll the mushrooms in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly.
- Repeat until all mushrooms are coated.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees. Deep fry mushrooms in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.