Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ordinary gf breadcrumbs are fine for this recipe, but gf panko breadcrumbs are so deliciously crunchy and so easy to make(check out #167729)
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add water and mix until a smooth batter has formed.
- With a dry paper towel, gently wipe the mushrooms to clean off any debris.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and coat evenly, allowing any excess batter to drip off.
- Roll the mushrooms in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly.
- Repeat until all mushrooms are coated.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees. Deep fry mushrooms in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.