Recipe by WicklewoodWench
Ordinary gf breadcrumbs are fine for this recipe, but gf panko breadcrumbs are so deliciously crunchy and so easy to make(check out #167729)
- 10 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon gf baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (see Homemade Panko Bread Crumbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add water and mix until a smooth batter has formed.
- With a dry paper towel, gently wipe the mushrooms to clean off any debris.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and coat evenly, allowing any excess batter to drip off.
- Roll the mushrooms in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly.
- Repeat until all mushrooms are coated.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees. Deep fry mushrooms in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.