Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish evolved from two favourite leftover meals, namely, Spaghetti Bolognese and Cauliflower Cheese. With the addition of some cooked Gluten Free pasta serve with salad and a slice of GlutenFreeGirl's Gluten Free French Bread #180306, and you have another substantial meal.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 56.69 g olive oil
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 793.78 g can tomatoes
- 59.16 ml tomato puree
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 9.85 ml basil
- 9.85 ml parsley
- 4 large mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml gluten-free flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml single cream
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 113.39 g garlic & cream cheese with herbs (ie,Philladelphia)
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 113.39 g parmesan cheese, grated
- paprika, for topping
- 141.74 g uncooked gluten free penne pasta
- In a large pot,gently heat the olive oil, add onions and garlic and saute until transparent.
- Add ground beef, and stir until browned and well seperated.
- Add tomatoes, oregeno, basil, mushrooms, parsley, and tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a small saucepan and remove from heat.
- Blend in the flour and mustard powder until smooth.
- Return to heat, gradually whisk in the milk and cream and gently bring to a light boil.
- keep whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cream cheese to mix, stir until cheese is melted then add the Cheddar, melt in the same way.
- Season to taste and remove from the heat.
- Cook pasta to manufactures instructions.
- Drain well and add to the cheese sauce, ensuring each piece is coated in the sauce.
- Place bolognese mixture in bottom of an oven proof dish and cover with the pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle a mixture of parmesan and paprika on top and place in a pre heated oven until cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Serve hot.