1/2 Photos of Wicklewood's Bolognese Sauce With Three Cheese Penne "glute
This dish evolved from two favourite leftover meals, namely, Spaghetti Bolognese and Cauliflower Cheese. With the addition of some cooked Gluten Free pasta serve with salad and a slice of GlutenFreeGirl's Gluten Free French Bread #180306, and you have another substantial meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 4 large mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1/4 pint single cream
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces garlic & cream cheese with herbs (ie,Philladelphia)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- paprika, for topping
- 5 ounces uncooked gluten free penne pasta
- 1In a large pot,gently heat the olive oil, add onions and garlic and saute until transparent.
- 2Add ground beef, and stir until browned and well seperated.
- 3Add tomatoes, oregeno, basil, mushrooms, parsley, and tomato puree.
- 4Bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer until sauce thickens.
- 5Season to taste and set aside.
- 6Meanwhile melt the butter in a small saucepan and remove from heat.
- 7Blend in the flour and mustard powder until smooth.
- 8Return to heat, gradually whisk in the milk and cream and gently bring to a light boil.
- 9keep whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- 10Add the cream cheese to mix, stir until cheese is melted then add the Cheddar, melt in the same way.
- 11Season to taste and remove from the heat.
- 12Cook pasta to manufactures instructions.
- 13Drain well and add to the cheese sauce, ensuring each piece is coated in the sauce.
- 14Place bolognese mixture in bottom of an oven proof dish and cover with the pasta mixture.
- 15Sprinkle a mixture of parmesan and paprika on top and place in a pre heated oven until cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- 16Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Bolognese Sauce With Three Cheese Penne "glute
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1100.6
- Calories from Fat 677
- Total Fat 75.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 221.7 mg
- Sodium 859.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 58.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with herbs