Recipe by WicklewoodWench
This is a handy little onion dish to have around. Great with sausages or grilled pork, it can be served cold as a condiment, warm as a side or add a little water the at the final stages and serve as a gravy
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free barbecue sauce (I prefer HP Honey Flavour Mild BBQ Sauce)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions and garlic in the oil.
- When the onions have softened, approximately 10 mins, stir in the sugar.
- Meanwhile, prepare mustard to manufacturer's instructions and add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce.
- When the sugar has melted add the ketchup mix and continue to cook on a medium heat for a further 5 mins or until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Season to taste.