Recipe by WicklewoodWench
Sweet little cookies with the taste of the Caribbean,,,maybe not one for the kiddies.
- 283.49 g gluten free plain flour
- 85.04 g sugar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 226.79 g butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 fluid ounce rum
- 28.34 g raisins
- 85.04 g dried bananas, chopped
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375f.
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with the rum, leave to soak for a minimum of 30mins, after which time drain and reserve any remaining rum.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, mashed banana, honey and 3 teaspoons of the reserved rum.
- Blend with the butter and suger mix.
- Sift in the flour and add the rum soaked raisins and dried banana pieces and mix well (but be careful not to over mix).
- place tablespoons of the mixture evenly on two lined baking sheets and gently flatten them with a palette knife.
- Bake fot 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven but wait 5 mins before transfering them to a cooling rack.