1/2 Photos of Wicklewood's All Too Easy All in One White Sauce
I have always made my savoury sauces using the traditional roux method, and I always will because I am a traditionalist. HOWEVER, this method is so easy and so painless, and as long as you allow it to continue to cook for several mins after it thickens (to remove the raw flour taste) it tastes like you spent ages making a roux.
My Private Note
- 1Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- 2Whisking continuously, bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat but continue to whisk and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add preferred flavouring such as cheese or parsley.
- 5Season to taste and serve as desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's All Too Easy All in One White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.3
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 161.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g