This potato salad has been a firm favourite in our family for years, served hot while the potatoes are still warm which melts the mayonnaise slightly or cold as a refreshing side dish. I never peel new potatoes, there’s just no point, but if you really don’t like the skin, a light scraping with a clean scourer will do fine. Size again, is a matter of preference, my family like quite large bite sized chunks of potato, but if I'm making it for a special occasion will cut the potatoes into 1/2 chunks.
- In a large pan (with a lid) of salted water boil the potatoes until just tender, approximately 15mins.
- Drain place a folded clean tea towel or paper towel over the pan, replace the lid and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl mix together all the other ingredients.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle (but not cold) cut in half or quarters, depending on size.
- Add to the mayonnaise mix and stir well ensuring the potato is well coated.
- Serve immediately if wanted warm potato salad and chill for 1 hour if you prefer it cold.