1/2 Photos of Wicklewood's 3 Cheese and Broccoli Muffins (Gf)
These little gluten free treats started life as Ainsley Harriot's Spinach, cheddar and parmesan muffins, which sounded so delicious, but just made me mad that I couldn’t try them. So I decided to recreate them...I chose tender stem or purple sprouting broccoli for this recipe simply because it is so tender there is no need to blanche first. You could use ordinary broccoli just chop the florets finely and perhaps steam in the microwave for one minute before adding to the mixture. If you don't mind paying the prices for Boursin the by all means use it, however, I prefer to make my own and save the pennies,,,(must be the Scot in me!!)I use LifeIsGood's Make Your Own Boursin Cheese - Paula Deen. I've found that even non coeliacs love these and they are great, not only for lunch with a light salad but also for picnics and lunch boxes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb gluten-free flour, mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 12 fluid ounces milk
- 3 fluid ounces olive oil
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 ounces broccoli tender stem broccoli
- 7 ounces boursin cheese (or similar)
- 1Preheat oven to 180.
- 2Lightly oil the inside of a muffin tin.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the flour mix, baking powder, xanthan, mustard and seasoning.
- 4Add the cheddar, parmesan and broccoli; gently combine with the flour mixture.
- 5In a large jug, combine the milk eggs and oil together.
- 6Add to the dry mixture and combine until just comes together. (Don't over mix).
- 7Line the base of each muffin mould with 1 tablespoon of mixture, flattening slightly if needed.
- 8Place a teaspoon of the boursin in the centre of the muffin moulds.
- 9Cover with remaining muffin mixture (ensuring that none of the cream cheese is exposed).
- 10Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes.
- 11Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's 3 Cheese and Broccoli Muffins (Gf)
Serving Size: 1 (953 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 264.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: