Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great family favorite, for special occasions or just a cosy night in. Be careful not to over boil the cream as it will separate,,,it will still taste great but it won't look so good. It can be served with rice or boiled potatoes, but I just love the flavoured pastas.
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces sweetcorn
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces double cream
- 3 tablespoons cream based salad dressing (I prefer Mary Berry's lemon & thyme sauce, but a garlic and herb dressing is also a favorite with ga)
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Over a medium heat, gently fry the chicken and garlic in the oil until just cooked.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Stir in the dressing or sauce, making sure all ingredients are well coated and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring occasionally ensuring the dressing/sauce doesn't burn.
- Add sweetcorn, cream and 2/3 of the onions .
- Continue to cook on a medium high heat until cream begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Season to taste, serve on a bed of tagliatelle Verde, garnish with remaining 1/3 of onions.