1/2 Photos of Wicklewood’s Spicy Onion Wraps (Gluten Free)
At a recent Christmas fayre I spotted a stall selling spicy burgers and sausages, the smells were amazing, but being a coeliac and my husband on a low carb diet we couldn’t have a burger without the bun (a bit messy) however, a neighbouring stall was selling these delicious pancakes which were similar to a naan but with far more flavour, and were perfect as a wrap for our burgers, I didn’t get a chance to ask for the exact ingredients and method as he was too busy,,,which is a good indication of how delicious these are,,, but I have experimented and I think I have cracked it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a processor blend the onion, garlic and a little of the water into a puree, add the remaining water and mix until blended.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- 3Add the onion mixture and stir well.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on a griddle or heavy based skillet.
- 5Place a ladleful of the mixture onto the centre of the griddle and spread to approximately 5in diameter.
- 6Cook until the sides are becoming dry and the bottom is turning golden.
- 7Gently slide a spatula under the pancake and flip it over.
- 8Cook the other side for a further minute or two or until it is also golden and crisp.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood’s Spicy Onion Wraps (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 225.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g