Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
At a recent Christmas fayre I spotted a stall selling spicy burgers and sausages, the smells were amazing, but being a coeliac and my husband on a low carb diet we couldn’t have a burger without the bun (a bit messy) however, a neighbouring stall was selling these delicious pancakes which were similar to a naan but with far more flavour, and were perfect as a wrap for our burgers, I didn’t get a chance to ask for the exact ingredients and method as he was too busy,,,which is a good indication of how delicious these are,,, but I have experimented and I think I have cracked it.
- In a processor blend the onion, garlic and a little of the water into a puree, add the remaining water and mix until blended.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the onion mixture and stir well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on a griddle or heavy based skillet.
- Place a ladleful of the mixture onto the centre of the griddle and spread to approximately 5in diameter.
- Cook until the sides are becoming dry and the bottom is turning golden.
- Gently slide a spatula under the pancake and flip it over.
- Cook the other side for a further minute or two or until it is also golden and crisp.
- Serve warm.
Wow this sounds right up my alley, can't wait to make this Thanks!