Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Soufflé’s normally terrify me but this one is so simple, with no complicated roué to prepare, and because it is so light it makes a refreshing end to any meal, Don’t be tempted to use jams or jellies as they tend be too heavy, I use Meridians organic fruit spread, not only is it low in sugar but Meridian’s also produce other varieties of fruit spreads . Or of course, if you have a glut of fruit you could also make your own puree.
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces apricot fruit spread
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated artificial sweetener, for dusting
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 190c
- In a small bowl combine the artificial sweetener and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Lightly grease four individual soufflé dishes and dust them lightly with half of the cinnamon mixture, set aside the remaining to use later for dusting.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls.
- Set the whites aside and add the apricot, lemon zest and the other tablespoon of cinnamon to the yolks.
- With a blender whisk the apricot mixture until thick and slightly paler in colour, set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and form soft peaks.
- Gently fold the whites evenly into the apricot mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared soufflé dishes.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until risen and golden.
- Dust with remaining cinnamon mixture and serve immediately.