Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so quick and so simple to make and are delicious as a starter for 4 or if my husband has his way a main dish just for him
- Make the herb butter by combining the shallot, garlic, parsley and butter in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the wine and keep processing until incorporated, season and set aside.
- Steam the mussels open by Place the them in wide based pan (discarding any that remain open when tapped on the side of the pan) and 2 or 3 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the pan, cover and place over a high heat.
- Give the pan a slight shake after a minute and transfer any that have already opened to a plate,
- Recover the remaining mussels and cook for a another minute or 2 then transfer to plate to cool slightly.
- (Any mussels still un opened after this time discard.)
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Twist off the remaining shell and spread a little herb butter on each mussel followed by a light sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the mussel’s on a grill pan and cook under a hot grill until the butter is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are lightly golden.
- Serve hot.