These are so quick and so simple to make and are delicious as a starter for 4 or if my husband has his way a main dish just for him
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the herb butter by combining the shallot, garlic, parsley and butter in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 2Slowly add the wine and keep processing until incorporated, season and set aside.
- 3Steam the mussels open by Place the them in wide based pan (discarding any that remain open when tapped on the side of the pan) and 2 or 3 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the pan, cover and place over a high heat.
- 4Give the pan a slight shake after a minute and transfer any that have already opened to a plate,
- 5Recover the remaining mussels and cook for a another minute or 2 then transfer to plate to cool slightly.
- 6(Any mussels still un opened after this time discard.)
- 7Preheat the grill to high.
- 8Twist off the remaining shell and spread a little herb butter on each mussel followed by a light sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
- 9Arrange the mussel’s on a grill pan and cook under a hot grill until the butter is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are lightly golden.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood’s Simple Stuffed Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.0
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 855.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 24.1 g