Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Part of the staple diet of any British State educated school child,,,,but it really isn’t as bad as it sounds. This is so simple to make and so delicious served with green custard,, Wicklewood’s School Day’s Green Custard 439398 (also not as bad as it sounds). For the concrety crunch it is best served cold, but for a softer texture serve while still warm. I have given recipe using normal flour, however, if using gluten free flour add an extra ounce of butter and bake for a further 5 mins.
- 198.44 g plain flour (or 7oz gluten free plain flour)
- 198.44 g granulated sugar (or artificial sweetener)
- 113.39 g butter, melted
- 56.69 g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar and Cocoa, add the butter.
- Rub all the ingredients together until it has a crumble consistency.
- Grease and line a 9” baking tin with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture in and pat it down.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.