Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the tangy taste of pickled eggs, unfortunately I can no longer eat malt vinegar, and spirit vinegar is never as good. However, I found it’s the lemon zest in the vinegar that makes these eggs taste like they’ve been pickled in malt…You can use any pickling spice combination, but I prefer to use my own #438665 as it gives me the taste I remember of traditional pickled eggs.
- 6 fresh free range eggs, cold hard boiled
- 1⁄2 a lemon, zest of
- white vinegar, enough to cover eggs approx. 1/2 pint
- 1 tablespoon whole mixed pickling spice
- Peel and rinse eggs.
- Arrange in a sealable storage jar (such as a Kilner Jar).
- Add zest and spices and cover completely with vinegar.
- Wait a week then serve with salads or fish and chips.