A refreshing dessert dinner party dessert...For an alcohol free version, try substituting the Marsala for an alcohol free red wine or cranberry juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pears in a large saucepan with the Marsala, water, brown sugar and rind and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins or until the pears are tender.
- 3Leave the pears to cool in the liquid. When completely cooled remove from the liquid, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- 4Remove the rind from the liquid and leave to boil gently for 15-20 mins or until it becomes a syrup.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in the ginger and set aside to cool.
- 6Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod into a bowl with the cream, add icing sugar, and mix together until the cream thickens.
- 7Trim the base of the pears so they stand upright in a bowl, pour over a little of the Marsala and ginger syrup.
- 8Serve with the vanilla cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood’s Marsala and Ginger Poached Pears
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 46.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: