Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A refreshing dessert dinner party dessert...For an alcohol free version, try substituting the Marsala for an alcohol free red wine or cranberry juice.
- Place the pears in a large saucepan with the Marsala, water, brown sugar and rind and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins or until the pears are tender.
- Leave the pears to cool in the liquid. When completely cooled remove from the liquid, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Remove the rind from the liquid and leave to boil gently for 15-20 mins or until it becomes a syrup.
- Remove from heat, stir in the ginger and set aside to cool.
- Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod into a bowl with the cream, add icing sugar, and mix together until the cream thickens.
- Trim the base of the pears so they stand upright in a bowl, pour over a little of the Marsala and ginger syrup.
- Serve with the vanilla cream.