Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quinoa is such a great source of protein that there is no real need for meat in this dish, but for fellow carnivores out there, some shredded chicken breast perhaps? Where I have listed “prepared” quinoa, I refer to the rinsing that is needed to remove the bitterness associated with it. Rinsing in itself is enough but toasting adds an extra nutty element to the dish, try Dib’s Quinoa-Toasted #16399
- 170.09 g quinoa, prepared
- 10 fluid ounce water, boiling
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 fluid ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml flat leafed parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- juice 2 large lemon
- 6 gluten free corn tortillas
- In a medium pan boil the water and add the quinoa, return to the boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for approx 15 mins or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add mint, parsley and onions, mix thoroughly.
- Blend together the oil and half of the lemon juice and pour over quinoa mixture, mix well season to taste.
- Chill for approximately 30 mins, after which time stir in the cucumber, set aside.
- In another bowl, coat the avocado in the remaining lemon juice, gently crushing some of chunks but leaving others intact.
- Add remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Lay a bed of lettuce on each warm tortilla add 2 tablespoons of the quinoa mixture and one of avocado.