Recipe by WicklewoodWench
I love serving this with cold cuts of leftover meat and nice chutney; it’s a different yet simple way of serving leeks but could also be made using onions.
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 ounces leeks, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces gluten, free flour mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gf baking powder
- 3 ounces lard, grated
- 1⁄3 pint water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the leeks until soft, season well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, add water and mix into a soft dough.
- Add the leeks and mix well.
- Place in a greased shallow ovenproof dish, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.