1/2 Photos of Wicklewood’s Individual Cheese and Leek Tartlets (Gluten F
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe can quite easily be made using ordinary short crust pastry, but if you decide to follow the recipe and make gluten free pastry,,,firstly,, well done you,,,and secondly gluten free pastry is notoriously short and crumbly. Rather than rolling out the dough and trying to mould it into the flan tins you can easily line the tins using a patchwork effect with the pastry, as long as there are no gaps for the filling to seep through, no one will know. Most prepared English Mustards contain gluten, however, English mustard powder doesn’t. So if you have difficulty finding a gluten free mustard the powder is fine, just make up to required amount following manufacturer’s instructions… Failing that Dijon is just as delicious in this dish and gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170.09 g gluten, free flour mix
- 28.34 g butter
- 28.34 g lard
- 1 egg
- 14.79-29.58 ml cold water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml xanthan gum
- 1Make the pastry by sifting the flour mix, xanthan and salt into a bowl, rub in the fats.
- 2When the mixture resembles breadcrumbs add beaten egg and water bring together into dough. (Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough becomes too wet compensate by adding a touch more flour mix.).
- 3Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 190c 375f.
- 5Grease and lightly flour 6 4" tartlet tins.
- 6Roll pastry dough until 1/8" thick and cut 6 rounds of pastry using a 5" cutter.
- 7Carefully line the tins, repairing any gaps or holes with scraps of leftover pastry, prick the pastry several times with a fork and return to the fridge to chill for a further 15 minutes.
- 8Line the tins with parchment paper and baking beans and bake for 6-8 mins after which time remove the beans and parchment paper and return to the oven for a further 2mins, set aside.
- 9Reduce the oven to 180c 350f.
- 10Over a medium heat cook the onion in the 1oz butter until just soft, add the leeks and thyme, continue to cook until soft and tender.
- 11Divide leek mixture between flans.
- 12In a large bowl mix eggs, cream, seasoning and mustard together and pour over leek mixture.
- 13Divide cheese between tarts.
- 14Bake for 15 mins or until set.
- 15Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood’s Individual Cheese and Leek Tartlets (Gluten F
Serving Size: 1 (1199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.8
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 311.2 mg
- Sodium 476.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: