This dough makes enough pastry for two family sized pies, if you want to make a sweet dessert pastry just add 2 tablespoons of castor sugar before adding the egg. Never skip the chilling and resting process as this helps to reduce the amount of shrinking during baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour mix, xanthan, and salt into a bowl, rub in the fats.
- 2When the mixture resembles breadcrumbs add beaten egg and water bring together into dough. (Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough becomes too wet compensate by adding a touch more flour mix.).
- 3Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Roll out and use as required.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood’s Gluten Free Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.7
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 271.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: