Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious gluten free vegetarian alternative to sausages, taken from my daughters latest crush Sam Stern’s “cooking up a storm”; I have tweaked slightly to make it gluten free, but it is still this talented young cooks twist on a delicious classic.
- 85.04 g gluten free bread, crumbs
- 170.09 g gluten free bread, crumbs
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml chives, chopped
- 14.79 ml thyme, chopped
- 170.09 g Mature cheddar cheese or 170.09 g gruyere
- zest of half a lemon
- squeeze lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml English mustard powder
- 44.37 ml milk
- In a large bowl combine the leek, shallot, garlic, herbs, cheese, seasoning and zest and juice of the lemon with the 6oz of breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk together with the mustard powder.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of egg mixture and add the rest to the cheese and leek mixture, mix to a stiff paste.
- Roll out 8-10 sausages, dip in the reserved egg mixture and roll in the remaining 3 oz. of breadcrumbs.
- Lightly brush the sausages with sunflower oil and grill under a medium heat for approximately 15 mins turning regularly until crisp and golden.
- Serve warm with chutney or relish.