This is a delicious gluten free vegetarian alternative to sausages, taken from my daughters latest crush Sam Stern’s “cooking up a storm”; I have tweaked slightly to make it gluten free, but it is still this talented young cooks twist on a delicious classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces gluten free bread, crumbs
- 6 ounces gluten free bread, crumbs
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 6 ounces Mature cheddar cheese or 6 ounces gruyere
- zest of half a lemon
- squeeze lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons English mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1In a large bowl combine the leek, shallot, garlic, herbs, cheese, seasoning and zest and juice of the lemon with the 6oz of breadcrumbs.
- 2In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk together with the mustard powder.
- 3Set aside 1 tablespoon of egg mixture and add the rest to the cheese and leek mixture, mix to a stiff paste.
- 4Roll out 8-10 sausages, dip in the reserved egg mixture and roll in the remaining 3 oz. of breadcrumbs.
- 5Lightly brush the sausages with sunflower oil and grill under a medium heat for approximately 15 mins turning regularly until crisp and golden.
- 6Serve warm with chutney or relish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood’s Gluten Free Glamorgan Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free bread
gluten free bread
Mature cheddar cheese