1 hr 15 mins
I used to go to a friends house on sundays to watch football, and every time I would make a different chip dip in the crock pot. Eventually this one was requested every week! It's pretty spicy. If you want it a little more mild, I suggest using less of the spicy ingredients (regular sausage, regular rotel, minimal peppers) rather than excluding them entirely. All ingredients combine to MAKE the cheese dip :) I use the maximum amount of each ingredient I have listed.
My Private Note
bowl of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start browning the sausage in a skillet, breaking it into small pieces as you would for tacos.
- 2Cut the cheese into cubes and throw them in the crock pot with the 2 cans of DRAINED Hot Rotel. You can go ahead and turn it on to get the melting process started.
- 3When the sausage is fully cooked, drain the fat and add it to the crock pot.
- 4Prepare yourself and your kitchen for cutting hot chillis/peppers. You do not want to touch anything that you dont need to, ESPECIALLY the cover to the crock pot, because it will get on everyone so just leave it off. Wash your hands several times afterwards.
- 5Chop/dice the jalapenos fairly well, and the habeneros VERY well. Add to crock pot. As long as you leave about 2 hours for the peppers to cook in the cheese, the actual pepper pieces will not be much spicier than the dip itself.
- 6Stir occasionally, and implement step 7 as needed.
- 7The salsa is a trick I use for any cheese dip. Because you've used fresh peppers and drained the rotel, the dip will be thick. The salsas primary role is thickness control. You can always thin out a dip, but it takes a long time to thicken one out. Just add a spoon full at a time until it's just right. After it sits out for a while it might need more.
- 8Throw in something new and let me know! I think some beans would go in nicely, or some chili.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicked Spicy Crock Pot Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.4
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 3491.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 36.3 g