Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in and 'old school" muffin mania cookbook, tried it this evening with the kids and it was a huge hit. Really nice texture, light & fluffy. A+ in my book.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour your muffin tray.
- Mix togeher the dry ingrediants & the chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Mix togeher, butter, egg & milk, and add to dry mixture.
- Do not over mix, 30 strokes should do it.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.
Everyone loves these muffins when I make them. I add a tsp of vanilla and use mini chocolate chips - part milk chocolate and part semi-sweet. Very nice and fluffy texture. They never last long in my family!
Light and fluffy and not overly sweet. Ideal mini muffin, I used semi-sweet choco chips and butterscotch chips.
I thought the flavour was good. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips & think they'd be much better with milk chocolate chips. I think the miniature size chips would be best. I also made 8 whopper-size muffins instead of a dozen. I found they became very dense after the first 24 hours-not fluffy anymore; that's why only the 3 stars.