Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
New England twist on a saucy southern favorite; a hint of maple makes this BBQ wicked fingah lickin' good!
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°, spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine catsup, male syrup, horseradish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Spoon some sauce into bottom of pan, lay chicken leg quarters in sauce.
- Smother with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
This is a fast, easy, and delicious recipe! I changed almost nothing about the recipe (which is VERY unusual for me, I'm a fiddler!) except add a tad more of the spices and horseradish. I was a bit concerned that it would burn during cooking due to all the sugar from the syrup, but not in the slightest. There is quite a bit of leftover sauce, which I think would be very tasty reheated with some cornstarch to thicken it. Thanks for the recipe!