Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My all time favourite! Totally wicked!! :)
- 225 g butter
- 115 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 80 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup together.
- Add flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Spread in large greased shortcake tin.
- Cook 10-15 minutes at 190c.
- Bring all ingredients to boil and simmer slowly until light tan colour. Stir to avoid burning. Spread on shortcake base while warm.
- Ice with chocolate icing when cool.
Very easy to prepare. Followed the directios to a "T". Found this dessert to be a bit too rich for our tastes and it actually didn't set up very well for me either...turned out "runny".
Oh my this really is wicked!! Great taste and easy to make.