- 225 g butter
- 115 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 80 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup together.
- Add flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Spread in large greased shortcake tin.
- Cook 10-15 minutes at 190c.
- Bring all ingredients to boil and simmer slowly until light tan colour. Stir to avoid burning. Spread on shortcake base while warm.
- Ice with chocolate icing when cool.