Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this butter on grilled or roasted beef or make gift rolls.
Make and share this Wicked Blue Cheese Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, blue cheese, parsley, brandy, garlic, onion powder, pepper, and hot sauce.
- With a rubber spatula, place the mixture width wise down the middle of a 12x8 sheet of tinfoil or wax paper, leaving about an inch free at either end.
- Roll the foil or paper up lengthwise to create a little cylinder of butter.
- Seal the ends of the cylinder and freeze for at least 1 hour before using.
- Cut with a warm knife.
A simple equation for the mathematically impaired.<br/>Tender juicy steak...fresh from the grill....plus blue cheese butter...equals complete deliciousness.....equals happy DH.<br/>Made for Rookie Tag.
Delicious! I made half with brandy and half without, and while both were great, the one with brandy was a touch better! You really couldn't taste itt
but it gave a flavor boost. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Newest Zaar Tag & I'd use your recipe as proof of my point if I had to argue that something could be both wickedly good & wickedly evil. Made exactly as written (except for presentation), this wickedly good flavoured butter was perfection w/grilled steaks we served to guests at a dinner party Fri nite. I served it in sml individual sauce containers (or molds) I bought recently in the US. It's wickedly evil because it makes you forget the word moderation is a part of the English language. Thx for posting this great recipe for us. It went straight into my Best Of 2012 & Favourite Personal Treasures cookbooks. :-)