Recipe by Abby Girl
This is not so much a recipe as it is a cooking technique. Worked out wonderful for us!! I used my recipe for Sweet & Smoky Spice Rub #299046 and Chippie's Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce #61086. I was very happy with the results
- 30 chicken wings, cut in half, tip removed
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry rub seasonings
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large broiler pan, sprinkle the chicken pieces evenly with spice rub. Broil in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are nicely browned. Turn the chicken one or twice for even cooking.
- Remove the chicken to the crock pot, draining the fat a bit. Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup of barbecue sauce. Cook on high 2 - 3 hours or low for 4 - 5 hours.
- Note: I had my crock pot on low for 1 hour then on simmer for 4 hours. I did stir the sauce and wings around a couple times during the cooking process.