1/1 Photo of Wicked Baked Beans
3 hrs 25 mins
Smoky Okie's Note:
A quick and easy recipe for smokey, tangy-sweet baked beans to accompany anything smoked. Designed to be smoked in a smoker, Hey you got the smoker fired up anyway, why not throw on some beans. While not my original recipe, this recipe has received hundereds of rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon (cut into 1/2-inch squares)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, diced (seeding is optional depending on desired heat)
- 1 (55 ounce) can bush's original baked beans or 1 (55 ounce) can bush's maple baked beans
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- 1Crisp bacon in a skillet, remove, leaving grease in skillet.
- 2Saute' bell pepper, jalapeno,and onion until tender.
- 3Combine all ingredients. If mixture looks drier than desired, add additional ketchup.
- 4Pour into a 12x9 aluminum baking pan, or deep 9x9.(We like to use disposables).
- 5Smoke @ 225*-250* for 2 1/2 hours uncovered.
- 6Remove to oven and bake 1 hour @ 350*, or until beans reach a temp of 160*.
- 7Note: Between the peppers and the mustard, these beans are on the warm side. If desired, adjust the heat up or down with peppers, and mustard.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicked Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 412.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g