Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We all want to brag and say, "this is the best chili" I ever ate; but after 50 plus years of trying and searching different chili recipes this is the best I found for me. Try this first before adding "all" of the packets supplied and then add the "hot" for your own taste.. Don't use the RED PEPPER the first time, I like to use an extra onion, bell pepper, and a can of diced tomatos drained. This is at the bottom of the directions. After you go down this road the first time, heat it up to your likes the next time, but at least this way you have a base line to work from, I'm still on the base line. Try it, see what you think.
- Brown ground beef or cubed beef and add the onions,bell pepper and garlic-Drain the fat.
- ADD the following and stir:.
- 1 - 46 oz can of Campbell tomato juice.
- 1 - 15 oz can diced tomatos - drained -.
- ADD the seasoning packets, except RED PEPPER AND MASA. (Try the Masa the first time, you might like it, it changes the taste of the chile, I don't use it because of that reason).
- COVER and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
- For a thicker chili, stir the packet of Masa flour into 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Stir into chili and simmer 30 minutes.