1 hr 30 mins
We all want to brag and say, "this is the best chili" I ever ate; but after 50 plus years of trying and searching different chili recipes this is the best I found for me. Try this first before adding "all" of the packets supplied and then add the "hot" for your own taste.. Don't use the RED PEPPER the first time, I like to use an extra onion, bell pepper, and a can of diced tomatos drained. This is at the bottom of the directions. After you go down this road the first time, heat it up to your likes the next time, but at least this way you have a base line to work from, I'm still on the base line. Try it, see what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef or cubed beef and add the onions,bell pepper and garlic-Drain the fat.
- 2ADD the following and stir:.
- 31 - 46 oz can of Campbell tomato juice.
- 41 - 15 oz can diced tomatos - drained -.
- 5ADD the seasoning packets, except RED PEPPER AND MASA. (Try the Masa the first time, you might like it, it changes the taste of the chile, I don't use it because of that reason).
- 6COVER and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
- 7For a thicker chili, stir the packet of Masa flour into 1/4 cup of warm water.
- 8Stir into chili and simmer 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wick Fowler's Authentic Texas Chili - Best Chili in Texas!
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.3
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 705.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 30.9 g