Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the book Wichcraft by Tom Colicchio.
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter (1.5 sticks)
- 236.59 ml oats, old fashioned rolled
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar (dark)
- 118.29 ml peanut butter (creamy)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml confectioners' sugar
- 177.44 ml peanut butter (creamy)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter over medium heat, add oats and cook 5-7 minutes. Stirring often until toasted. Pour oats onto cookie sheet and let cool.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup butter and sugars in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix until no chunks of butter remain.
- Add peanut butter and mix until combined, add oats then flour, soda & salt and blend until smooth. Chill dough in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a large surface covered with parchment paper. Add a light dusting of flour to keep from sticking. Top with another large sheet of parchment and roll dough until 1/4" thick.
- Cut the dough into 2.5" cookies and space 1/2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 mins, turning the pan halfway through baking, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Combine butter, salt, sugar and peanut butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on medium speed until filling is smooth.
- Place half the cookies with the top side down. using a piping bag or spoon, distribute the filling and close with another top, pressing down.