1/1 Photo of Why-The-Chicken-Crossed-The-Road Santa Fe-Tastic Tortilla Soup
Amber W.'s Note:
Good, easy recipe with the chicken tortilla soup you have been searching for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ears corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper, split and seeded
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1/3 palm full
- 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/3 palm full
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo (medium to hot heat level)
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock, available in re-sealable paper containers on soup aisle
- 4 cups blue corn tortilla chips, broken up into large pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Vegetable or corn oil, for drizzling, plus 2 tablespoons (2 turns of the pot in a slow stream).
- 2Heat a grill pan to high and a soup pot to medium high. Drizzle oil on corn and place on grill. Add red pepper to grill with corn. Char vegetables 10 minutes, total, turning occasionally. Remove to cool, 5 minutes. Remove charred skin from the pepper.
- 3While vegetables cook, dice chicken. Add 2 tablespoons oil to hot soup pot. Add chicken to pot. Season with poultry seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper. Lightly brown chicken on each side. Add onions and garlic and chipotle peppers. Cook vegetables with chicken 5 to 7 minutes to soften. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and stock. Bring soup to a bubble, reduce heat to medium low.
- 4Scrape corn off cob and add to soup. Chop grilled red pepper and stir into soup. Add chips to soup in handfuls and fold together.
- 5Serve soup immediately with scatter of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Top with any or all of the suggested garnishes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Why-The-Chicken-Crossed-The-Road Santa Fe-Tastic Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (783 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.5
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 1368.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 42.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
blue corn tortilla chips