Recipe by oilpatchjo
This recipe came from a label on the bottom of a springform pan about 10 years ago. I had lost this recipe and posted a request on zaar the next day Very Yummy Very Rich Cheesecake appeared! This cheesecake is very simple to make. I have never had a failure with this recipe. I hope you enjoy not only making this cheesecake but eating it as well!
Graham cracker crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, is kept aside for the beating of the egg whites to soft peaks
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites, are kept aside to beat to soft peaks
- 1⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a springform pan which has been greased on the bottom and the sides lightly with butter put all the ingredients in the order in which they appear in the recipe and add the butter to the mixture until all the crumbs are moist with the butter then tap the crumbs to form a bottom crust and with the crumbs on the side tap onto the sides of the spring form pan about 1 inch high up the springform pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar (remember to set aside 1/4 cup sugar for the egg whites).
- Add flour and beat thoroughly.
- Add & mix all other ingredients (except egg whites & 1/4 cup sugar) and set aside ingredients in bowl.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks (that have a glossy sheen to them) with the 1/4 cup of sugar that was set aside.
- Fold into mixture in bowl that was set aside.
- Pour into a the 8 inch springform pan that you have taken out of the fridge.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour at 325°F; turn off in one hour and leave for 1 more hour.
- Cool and then put in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.