Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
To keep their nuts dry.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon salad seasoning (pre-mixed herbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt (Optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb walnuts or 1 lb pecan halves
- Melt the butter in a large pot or pan, and add the 2nd through the 7th ingredients.
- Stir very thoroughly, and then add the nuts and toss until they are all coated.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain on brown paper.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
I don't know, why do squirrels float down river on their backs? Kinda tried the recipe, used herbes de provence (salt-free) for the salad seasoning and added a 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (like things spicy) tossed everything together and roasted in a 300 degree F oven til they started to brown, about 10 minutes. Then turned them out on a paper towel to cool.