Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just found these in a newsletter from Splenda Food Club. Anytime you can save calories, especially from carbs, "it's a good thing". As "you know who would" say!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup packed Splenda brown sugar blend, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sweet & crunchy peanuts, SEE NOTE
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- NOTE: Sweet & Crunchy Nuts #149125.
- Of course you could also just buy the nuts already sweetened.
- COMBINE flour and baking soda in small bowl.
- Beat SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until crumbly.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Press dough onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- BEAT egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until stiff peaks form; spread over dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining morsels and remaining nuts.
- BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm.