Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
A spicy flavorful completely vegan chili. This recipe is gluten-free and sugar-free as well which makes it appropriate for the 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 chili peppers, minced
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 portobello mushroom, optional I just happened to have one in the fridge
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice, uncooked but rinsed well
- 1⁄4 cup lentils, uncooked but rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup vegetable juice, like V8 or 1 cup plain tomatoes, whatever
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onion, jalapeños and bell pepper in a large frying pan with the olive oil. Sauté until slightly browned. Add in all the remaining vegetables and cook through. Pour into a crock-pot or other slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook on low for 9 hours.