Recipe by Panks
This is perfect when you are craving a fast food burger. It's good enough to eat even when you are not watching your carbs. The credit goes to a low carb website by a woman named Linda but I have made some alterations to the recipe.
Top Review by mums the word
Awesome recipe! I had to make a couple of changes for what I had on hand. I used mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 C), omitted liquid smoke, and used chopped dill pickles and a bit of regular green relish. We loved it, thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices white American cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low sugar ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef with the liquid smoke, salt and pepper; drain off the fat if desired.
- Add the cheese, if using, and cook until it melts.
- Put the lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Top with the meat and tomatoes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Toss and eat at once.