Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is that good chili with steak strips instead of hamburger meat. Can also be made if you have leftover steaks from a BBQ. You can add jalapenos or hot sauce for the brave hearts, or omit the cayenne for a mild chili. EZ to freeze leftovers. Real cowboy comfort!
- 1 lb lean top round steak, cut into thin strips and marinated in lawry meat marinade to tenderize
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- Brown meat in oil, drain and put in crock pot.
- Add remainining ingredients to crockpot, stir.
- Cover, cook on low for 4 hours.
We loved this chili. The ratio of ingredients is right on, making for a very flavorful chili. We particularly loved the red and green pepper in it. I highly recommend this to all you chili lovers. I froze half of it to enjoy another day. Great recipe, Laurita. It's a winner!!!!
Great recipe ! Great Texas dish ! Thanks for sharing it ! Loved the addition of the sweet bells !
Texas Chili has no beans, and especially no sweet peppers. Where's the jalepeno's?