1/1 Photo of Whoopie Pies (Or Devil Dogs)
1 hr 5 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
These are good. Filling is extra fluffy and delicious. It is not a sugary filling. The pies are extra chocolate-ty and soft. Wrap them individually in a baggie and freeze for later or eat all of them now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml Crisco
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 88.74 ml cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 6.16 ml salt
- 1WHOOPIE PIES:.
- 2Mix the Crisco, sugar, and egg till fluffy.
- 3Slowly add the milk and vanilla; mix well.
- 4Add the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt.
- 5Beat well.
- 6Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
- 9Using a jar for a shaker combine the milk, flour, and salt; shake well.
- 10Put this into a saucepan and cook slowly over medium heat till very thick and smooth, and then cool.
- 11In a electric mixer put the Crisco, sugar, and vanilla and beat about 5 minutes.
- 12Add the cooled paste and beat it for about 5 more minutes till very light and fluffy.
- 13I turn the mixer to high and beat it quite a while; it is worth it.
- 14Fill the pies and put into a baggie.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whoopie Pies (Or Devil Dogs)
Serving Size: 1 (1209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g