Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are good. Filling is extra fluffy and delicious. It is not a sugary filling. The pies are extra chocolate-ty and soft. Wrap them individually in a baggie and freeze for later or eat all of them now.
Top Review by michellet004
These came out perfect! I even messed up a little. While making the filling I read the recipe wrong and accidentally mixed the sugar in with the milk and flour. I was short on sugar so I kept the mixture and boiled it with the sugar. It still came out great!
- 78.07 ml Crisco
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 88.74 ml cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 6.16 ml salt
- 29.58 ml flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 9.85 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- WHOOPIE PIES:.
- Mix the Crisco, sugar, and egg till fluffy.
- Slowly add the milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt.
- Beat well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
- Using a jar for a shaker combine the milk, flour, and salt; shake well.
- Put this into a saucepan and cook slowly over medium heat till very thick and smooth, and then cool.
- In a electric mixer put the Crisco, sugar, and vanilla and beat about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooled paste and beat it for about 5 more minutes till very light and fluffy.
- I turn the mixer to high and beat it quite a while; it is worth it.
- Fill the pies and put into a baggie.